Let’s Talk Business Ep.1 – ISO27001
In our first episode of “Let’s Talk Business”, we will be discussing the topic ISO 27001, what it is and what it means to us as a bank.
Do you know our Journey for a new ABBEY Information security and customer data protection is one of the key drivers?
“Our goal is providing efficient and secured financial services to our customers.
WHAT IS ISO 27001:2013?
ISO 27001 is the standard that describes best practices for an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The goal of the standard is to assist organizations in the identification of risks and the security measures to manage or reduce these risks. It is a framework of policies and procedures that include legal, technical, and physical controls to support risk management processes in organizations.
BENEFITS TO OUR CUSTOMERS?
- Increased reliability and security of systems and information.
- Improved customer and business partner confidence.
- Increased business resilience.
- Alignment with customer requirements.
- Improved management processes and integration with corporate risk strategies.
- A robust Governance framework that will ensure the security of customer data.
- Improvement in the awareness level of customers in the Information Security Practice.
- Improvement of customer satisfaction over security business services used by them.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO US IN ABBEY MORTGAGE BANK?
- It means improved and efficient service delivery
- It is part of the bank’s strategic plan in repositioning us as a renowned brand in the financial industry.
- We want to provide financial services efficiently and securely to our customers.
- It means a more forward-thinking and proactive organization that continuously seeks to ensure its customer are always protected.
- Our stakeholders, both internally and externally, can be assured that their investment is adequately protected.
- It means we are compliant with global best practices for information security management.
- Compliance with world-class standards can help you win customer trust and new business opportunities.
OBJECTIVES OF ISO 27001 ENGAGEMENT FOR ABBEY MORTGAGE BANK
- Provide clear reference to information security, roles, and responsibilities
- Present a clear and measurable description of the information security objectives
- Provide clear guidance on how to maintain an information security management system.
WHAT CULTURE DO WE WANT TO BUILD AS A BANK?
- We seek to build an information security culture among our staff and customers who are a major driver for us as a bank.
- The standard’s holistic approach covers the whole organization, it encompasses “People”, “Processes” and “Technology”. This enables employees and customers to readily understand risks and embrace security controls as part of their everyday practices and culture.
- Watch out for our next series where we will be sharing essential security tips to ensure a safe working environment.