Corporate Social Responsibility
Abbey has always maintained a high level of social responsibility, with a strong desire to positively impact the host community. Our mission to provide affordable housing finance to enable people own their own homes stems from our dream to fulfill this social responsibility. We continuously engage in charitable acts to help the less privileged, such as sponsoring events for sick and physically handicapped children admitted into orthopedic wards or those afflicted with Down syndrome.
1. ABBEY makes a yearly donation of cash and gifts and actively contributes in executing projects for the following less privileged organizations:
- Spinal Cord Injury Association of Nigeria (SCIAN)
- Pacelli School for the Blind & Partially Sighted, Lagos.
- Dawn Syndrome Association
- The Motherless Baby’s Home
- The Orthopedic Hospital, Igbobi, Lagos.
- Catholic Health Project, Amukoko, Lagos
- Little Orphanage Home
2. Annual party for various categories of people which is aired on the national television (National Television Authority, NTA) with a national coverage of over 50 million people in Nigeria. Specifically, the parties are for:
- Easter party for the sick at the Orthopedic Hospital, Lagos
- Christmas Party for the sick and mentally challenged.
- All Children’s party
We have also assisted various organizations in actualizing their expansion and infrastructure development programs.