Head, Treasury and Investment
To ensure effective management of internal funds and investments and effective monitoring of investments in subsidiaries and investee companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the operations in the treasury and responsible for all related operations within the Organisation.
- Treasury market, mobilize large deposits from corporate organizations and HNI
- Reviews and manages the institution’s liquidity position.
- Assumes responsibility for the profitability for the Organisation and for the income generated through Trading, Fee, Dividend, Foreign Exchange and will be responsible for the Return on Investment of the Bank.
- Liaises with the CEO in respect to investments of surplus funds in treasury bills, short-term depositors, etc.
Develops and oversees the implementation of adequate cash management policies and processes to minimize risk and cost exposure to the institution.
- Develops a Policy & Procedure Manual for Treasury & Investments Operations with adequate controls.
- Submits proposals to the Management on launch of new Investment Funds and other Treasury & Investment Products & Services.
- Drives the proactive tracking of portfolio returns and recommends optimal investment policies that capture the best interest rates while managing risk.
- Advises Executive Management on investment strategies that will ensure high returns on investment and optimal liquidity for operations.
- Ensures the continuous review of the institution’s cash/ liquidity position and the prompt identification of excess/ idle funds.
- Manages the investment of the institution’s internal funds and ensures funds are channeled into appropriate investment instruments approved by the Board of Directors and in line with the investment guidelines.
- Reviews the status of all outstanding foreign exchange deals and Investment Funds.
- Coordinates the review, analysis and reporting of the institution’s investment portfolio, yield and instruments.
- Ensures effective monitoring of the institution’s investments in investee companies.
- Ensures adequate preparation of the institution’s internal funds account.
- Ensures effective management of the Bank’s internal funds as well as periodic reconciliation of the accounts.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in any Social Management Sciences or Business related discipline from an accredited University.
- A Masters degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Membership in ACCA, ICAN, CFA, ACA or any related certification.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in a Treasury / Investment Management related role with at least 4 years in a managerial position.
Skills and Experience:
- Relative experience in treasury marketing in a Financial Institution.
- Understanding of Investment planning and portfolio management.
- Financial Services Industry Knowledge.
- Expertise in Financial reporting and treasury management.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting Software Applications.
- Sound managerial and leadership ability.
- Analytical/Problem Solving Skills.
Application Closing Date
September 28, 2018