Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc is currently seeking to hire a competent, hardworking and experienced candidate to fill the position of Legal Officer.
The purpose of this position is the provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks to the bank. The role is responsible for:
- Implementing legal intelligence and advisory systems which support the Company’s strategic and operational plans.
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action will be taken to prevent disputes or litigation.
- To direct, manage and monitor the company’s portfolio of law suits and liaise with external legal counsel.
- To review Contracts, Agreements and legal documents of the Company to determine potential legal risks that could result in law suits and advise on approach to take in addressing these risks.
- To provide legal advisory support to all business units including analysis and interpretation of issues and trends relating to the business.
- LLB, BL
- Minimum of 7 years’ post-qualification experience, most of which must have been earned practicing as a Litigator with a reputable Commercial Law Firm or as part of an in-house Legal Team of a reputable quoted Company.
- Experience in regulatory compliance
- Demonstration of a thorough knowledge of the working and practice of Nigerian Law is a requirement.
- Managing the legal implications of new projects of the company.
- Protecting the company from all legal litigation.
- Candidate must be versed in conveyancing practice, CAC practice, arbitration, negotiation and other dispute resolution methods and also general Commercial law practice.
- He or she must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
Other requirements of Candidate should include:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Sound understanding of Mortgage industry, general Commercial Law and Advocacy practice;
- Good track record of handling suits.
- Excellent communication skills including written and interpersonal;
- Good planning and Organizational skills;
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Suite, knowledge and experience of administrative procedures including review of Court processes;
- Strong Leadership and managerial Skills.
Friday September 22, 2017
- Only application recieved through the website will be reviewed
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a test. Abbey Mortgage Bank reserves the right to stop further action on this job vacancy notice