Abbey Debit Card
The Abbey Debit card is a Naira denominated card issued in partnership with Verve. It is accepted as a means of payment for goods and services across all channels (ATM, POS, Web) in Nigeria and is designed to suit every lifestyle.
The Abbey Debit card is linked online, real-time to your Current or Savings account; and consequently all transactions done using this card are reflected on the account instantly.
- Nation-wide acceptance
- 24/7 access to your funds.
- Secure and affordable
- 3 years Validity
Features and Benefits
- Multi-purpose spending companion – Your Abbey Debit Card is capable of making all forms of transactions (cash withdrawals, payments and purchases) in Nigeria across all channels (ATM, POS, Web).
- School Tuition & Accommodation Fees: You can cover tuition and accommodation payments for your wards locally via the payment portal on the website of the educational institution or in person using the merchant’s POS terminal.
- Shopping Online: With your card, you no longer have to wait until you travel to shop. You can now do so at many national websites that offer delivery across Nigeria.
- Safety – Your card eliminates the risk and inconvenience of carrying cash and has security features such as Chip and PIN technology which guards against unauthorized transactions. The card also uses Card Secure which is an additional verification feature for web (online) transactions.
- The card is valid for 3 years
How to Subscribe
- Open a Current or Savings account with Abbey Mortgage Bank and request for an ATM card by filling the E-Channel Service Form.
- Existing Current and Savings account holders can visit any Abbey branch and request for a Debit Card as well.
How to activate your card
- To activate your card, simply visit the nearest branch to pick up your card and PIN will be sent to you via SMS (It is advised that you change this PIN on any POS or ATM as soon as possible)
- Once the card is activated by PIN change, you will be able to use your card on the ATM, POS and WEB.
Card Safety and Security
- The following details of your card are personal to you; Card number, Card PIN, CVV2 (3 digits behind the card) and Expiry date – Never disclose them to anyone. Not even us!
- Keep your Abbey card away from heat mobile phones, radio equipment, magnet or magnetic materials and any device emitting electromagnetic waves (including stereo), as they could wipe out data stored on the chip of your card.
Our 24/7 interactive contact center is always available to provide assistance whenever you experience any difficulties while using your Debit Card. Simply dial 08162734599; 080********* or send an email to email@example.com
- ATM daily withdrawals: N150,000
- POS & Online daily transactions: N3,000,000.00
N/B: Please note that POS and online transactions are free.